Most memory modules are backed by a lifetime warranty against faults and defects, which means we guarantee that it will last as long as your system does. There are some exceptions for some gaming memory modules and kits, so please check the product page for specific details. Warranties for flash memory, solid state drives, hard drives and other accessories vary from 1 year upwards. Please see the specific product page on our website for precise warranty periods.
Rest assured that adding memory purchased from RamCity to your system or printer will NOT void your original manufacturers warranty, and you can read more about that here. However, proper handling and installation procedures should be followed.
- The return processing address varies, please do not return anything until we have provided you with an authorisation number
- Only authorised returns will be accepted. For the fastest turnaround time, please follow our returns procedure.
- Many companies handle returns by requiring that any suspected faulty items be returned to the supplier and inspected before a replacement is shipped. Here at RamCity we offer advance replacements as a standard business practice on any warranty return, where possible*. That is, if any product you purchase from us is suspected faulty, we will immediately ship a replacement at no charge. upon receipt of tracking details for the returned item(s), rather than make you wait until they arrive at our returns department.
- * Kingston brand products, hard drives, accessories, and some and product returns for some SSD's may be handled by a third party, and sometimes advance replacements are not possible. Also, if the product is out of stock, we would need to wait until the item is re-stocked before a replacement could be shipped.
- You are responsible for insuring the return parcel such that in the event of it being lost or damaged in transit that you can claim the costs from Australia Post or the carrier used. Any costs for additional services or expensive courier services, such as Extra Cover, or Signature on Delivery, or additional packaging, are also your responsibility.
- Warranties are transferable, however evidence of the purchase must be provided by the person claiming the warranty (Invoice or Order Number)
- Note, under consumer law you are responsible for the costs of returning faulty items to RamCity for replacement. However, as a special service to our customers, RamCity will pay all additional outbound shipping costs for the replacement parcel, providing that it is returned via registered post, that the costs do not exceed $8.00, and that you email us a copy of the scanned postage receipt.
Limitations to our Warranty
RamCity warrants to the original end user customer of its products that the products are free from defects in material and workmanship. Subject to the conditions and limitations set forth below, RamCity will, at its option, either repair or replace any part of its products that prove defective by reason of improper workmanship or materials. Repaired parts or replacement products will be provided by RamCity on an exchange basis, and will be either new or refurbished to be functionally equivalent to new. If RamCity is unable to repair or replace the product, we will refund the current value of the product at the time the warranty claim is made.
This limited warranty does not cover any damage to this product that results from improper installation, accident, abuse, misuse, natural disaster, insufficient or excessive electrical supply, abnormal mechanical or environmental conditions, or any unauthorized disassembly, repair, or modification. This limited warranty also does not apply to any product on which the original identification information has been altered, obliterated or removed, has not been handled or packaged correctly, has been sold as second-hand or has been resold contrary to the export regulations.
This limited warranty covers only repair, replacement or refund for defective products, as provided above. RamCity is not liable for, and does not cover under warranty, any loss of data or any costs associated with determining the source of system problems or removing, servicing or installing any of our products. This warranty excludes 3rd party software, connected equipment or stored data. In the event of a claim, RamCity's sole obligation shall be, at our discretion to replace the faulty product, or refund the original purchase price.
Statutory Conditions and Warranties
- Your rights under Australian Consumer Law: Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
- For more information about your rights as a consumer, see the ACCC website at www.accc.gov.au or download a free copy of the Warranties and Refunds Guide at http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/322947
If you think you need to return something to us, then please see our Returns Page for more specific information.